Central and Western Victoria are host to a number of great small brewers, with at least two breweries in Ballarat itself.
- O'Brien Brewery make what has to be the best gluten free beer in Australia. Available in four styles, Brown Ale, Premium Lager, Natural Light (Lager) and Pale Ale.
- Rebellion Brewery (part of O'Brien Brewery) provides The Rat Bitter Ale, one that is gaining quite a following in Ballarat
- Three Troupers have three styles (with a fourth to come), Pale Ale, Pilsner and Amber Ale.
- Southern Bay Brewing Company have their Ranga Premium Red Ale, as well as the Southern Bay Draught, along with several other styles.
- Red Duck Beer, new kid on the block but getting rave reviews for their malt-driven styles such as their Golden Dragon Celtic ale, porters and amber ales.
- The Flying Horse have a number of interestingly named beers, such as Dirty Angel, Whale Ale and Mahogany Porter.